News : We are looking for additional crew members
Southport Lifeboat is recruiting new members.
Southport Lifeboat is looking for new members, both male and female to join the crew.
We provide a year round, 24 hour voluntary search and rescue service along the Merseyside and Lancashire coastline.
If you want to become a crew member you will need to:
· Be over 16 and under 45 years old.
· Be physically fit.
· Live and/or work within the Southport area.
· Be a team player who will be accepted by the crew.
· Communicate well with others.
· Listen to and carry out instructions.
· Be enthusiastic and reliable for training, and fundraising events.
· Willing to learn and apply new skills.
· Preferably you will hold a full and current UK driving license.
In return we will provide excellent training and equipment which will provide you with an opportunity for learning as well as continuing the vital life saving tradition.
As a probationer you have an introduction to the crew, boathouse and procedures as well as learning:
· First aid.
· VHF Radio use.
· Land based search and rescue techniques.
· Chart work.
· Basic seamanship skills.
Upon completion of the probationary period you will progress on to more advanced training, which involves shore crew and boat crew duties:
· Driving the lifeboat launch vehicle.
· Maintaining the lifeboat, quads and other equipment.
· Use of specialist mud rescue equipment.
· Quad driving and search techniques.
· Lifeboat handling and search & rescue operations.
· Further chart work and VHF use.
· Critical casualty care and advanced first aid.
If you are interested click here and download the application form.
We are also looking for additional helpers for our various fundraising activities such as bag packing, or as part of organised street collections etc. Whatever your talents, we can make use of your help. Please fill in the application form stating what you can do to help us.